Surface Temperature and Salinity Data from U.S. West Coast Shore Stations (1916 to present) from the Scripps Institution of OceanographyEntry ID: SIO_MLRG_SHORE_SURFACE_TS
Abstract: Since 1984, Project WET, an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, has dedicated itself to the mission of reaching children, parents, teachers and community members of the world with water education. Project WET achieves its mission of worldwide water education by:
- publishing water resource materials in several languages.
- providing training workshops on diverse water topics (i.e., ... watersheds, water quality, water conservation).
- organizing community water events, such as Make a Splash with Project WET water festivals and the Global Water Education Village.
- building a worldwide network of educators, water resource professionals and scientists.
Project WET publications, training workshops, global network and community events are grounded in Project WET’s core beliefs.
- Water connects us all: Water moves through living and nonliving systems and binds them together in a complex web of life.
- Water for all water users: Water of sufficient quality and quantity is vital for all water users (energy producers, farmers and ranchers, fish and wildlife, manufacturers, recreationists, rural and urban dwellers).
- Managing water sustainability: Water resources management is crucial for providing tomorrow’s children with social and economic stability in a healthy and sustainable environment.
- Personal responsibility for water resources: Awareness of and respect for water resources can encourage a personal, lifelong commitment of responsibility and positive community participation.
[Summary provided by the Project WET website.]
ISO Topic Category
Distribution Media: Online
Role: TECHNICAL CONTACT
Email: info at projectwet.org
1001 West Oak Street, Suite 210
Province or State: MT
Postal Code: 59715
Role: SERF AUTHOR
Phone: (301) 614-6898
Email: Tyler.B.Stevens at nasa.gov
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Global Change Master Directory
Province or State: MD
Postal Code: 20771
Extended Metadata Properties
(Click to view more)
Creation and Review Dates