[Parameters: Topic='BIOSPHERE', Term='AQUATIC ECOSYSTEMS', Variable_Level_1='PELAGIC HABITAT']
Biodiversity and ecophysiology of Antarctic sea-ice bacteriaEntry ID: ASAC_1012
Abstract: The data set includes imformation relevant for the study and description of sea-ice bacteria contains the following dataset subgroups and is organised by REFERENCE number.
1) Isolation data: strain designations (e.g. culture collection names are indicated for type cultures); media used for isolation and routine cultivation; temperature used for incubation; any special conditions (e.g. enrichment ... conditions) used for isolation; isolation site and type (e.g. sea-ice); availability of the indicated strain from the chief investigator (J. Bowman)
2) Phenotypic data: Includes morphological, physiological and biochemical tests performed. Details on how these were performed are indicated in the relevant reference.
3) Growth/temperature data: data for temperature related growth curves are given where available. Methods are indicated in the associated reference.
4) Fatty acid/chemotaxonomy data: fatty acid and other related data are given where available. Methods are indicated in the associated reference.
5) Genotypic data: data for DNA-guanosine/cytosine-content and genomic DNA:DNA hybridization are shown where available. Methods are indicated in the associated reference.
6) Phylogenetic data: data for sequences are cross-referenced to the GenBank database. In some cases, aligned sequence datasets are available in FASTA format and can be viewed in the programs BIOEDIT (www.mbio.ncsu.edu/BioEdit/bioedit.html) or CLUSTAL W (www.ebi.ac.uk/clustalw).
7) Other related published references which are useful or relevant to the dataset e.g. related sequences published subsequent to the ASAC study
(Click for Interactive Map)
Start Date: 1996-07-01Stop Date: 1999-06-30
CRYOSPHERE > SEA ICE > PACK ICE
CRYOSPHERE > SEA ICE > POLYNYAS
CRYOSPHERE > SEA ICE
OCEANS > SEA ICE > ICE TYPES
OCEANS > SEA ICE > PACK ICE
OCEANS > SEA ICE
BIOLOGICAL CLASSIFICATION > BACTERIA/ARCHAEA > CYANOBACTERIA (BLUE-GREEN ALGAE)
BIOSPHERE > AQUATIC ECOSYSTEMS > PLANKTON
OCEANS > OCEAN CHEMISTRY > PIGMENTS > CHLOROPHYLL
BIOSPHERE > AQUATIC ECOSYSTEMS > PELAGIC HABITAT
BIOSPHERE > AQUATIC ECOSYSTEMS > LAKES
BIOSPHERE > ECOLOGICAL DYNAMICS > ECOSYSTEM FUNCTIONS > BIOMASS DYNAMICS
BIOSPHERE > ECOLOGICAL DYNAMICS > ECOSYSTEM FUNCTIONS > SECONDARY PRODUCTION
BIOSPHERE > ECOLOGICAL DYNAMICS > COMMUNITY DYNAMICS > COMMUNITY STRUCTURE
Access Constraints The data are available from the databases indicated in the summary.
PDF copies of some of the papers are available from the publications section of the Australian Antarctic Division (www.aad.gov.au).
Use Constraints This data set conforms to the PICCCBY Attribution License
Data Set Progress
Role: TECHNICAL CONTACT
Phone: (301) 713-3272 x133
Fax: FAX: (301) 713-3300
Email: Kenneth.Casey at noaa.gov
NOAA National Oceanographic Data Center SSMC3, 4th Floor, Room 4853, Route: E/OC1 1315 East-West Highway
City: Silver Spring
Province or State: Maryland
Postal Code: 20910
Role: TECHNICAL CONTACT
Email: edward.m.armstrong at jpl.nasa.gov
MS 300/320 4800 Oak Grove Drive
Province or State: CA
Postal Code: 91109
Email: mike.chin at jpl.nasa.gov
Extended Metadata Properties
(Click to view more)
Creation and Review Dates
DIF Creation Date: 2012-07-27
Last DIF Revision Date: 2013-01-16