Search Help
The distribution, taxonomy, physiology and feeding habits of pelagic amphipods in the Ross Sea
Entry ID: K043_2008_2009_NZ_4

[ Update this Record ]

Abstract: The distribution, taxonomy, physiology and feeding habits of pelagic amphipods was investigated. Amphipods were collected by plankton tow over two seasons. Approximately 1200 individual amphipods were collected. About 75% of the amphipods collected were preserved in vials of absolute ethanol for DNA studies. The remaining 25% were split evenly between 4-5% EM grade gluteraldehyde, 5-6% ... View entire text
Related URL
Description: The Latitudinal Gradient Project homepage

Description: The investigators homepage
Geographic Coverage
Spatial coordinates   
  N: -77.02   S: -77.02   E: 162.89   W: 162.89
Min Depth: 0 Max Depth: 3.5

Temporal Coverage
Start Date: 2008-11-15
Stop Date: 2008-11-27

Start Date: 2009-11-16
Stop Date: 2009-12-29
ISO Topic Category
Quality Samples are all held at Victoria University of Wellington. Please contact the investigator for more information.
Data Set Progress
Data Center
Antarctica New Zealand, New Zealand Antarctic Institute, New Zealand Supplemental Info
Data Center URL:

Data Center Personnel
Phone: +64 3 358 0200
Fax: +64 3 358 0211
Email: s.gordon at
Contact Address:
Antarctica New Zealand
Private Bag 4745
City: Christchurch
Country: New Zealand
Phone: +64 4 463 6083
Fax: +64 4 463 5331
Email: ken.ryan at
Contact Address:
Victoria University of Wellington
School of Biological Sciences
PO BOX 600
City: Wellington
Postal Code: 6140
Country: New Zealand
View entire list
Bryant, L. Amphipod diversity and taxonomy in the Ross Sea. PhD thesis in progress, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.

Bryant, L., Davy, S., Lörz, A-N., Maas, E., Zuccarello, J., Ryan, KG. 2009. Preliminary phylogeny of Antarctic Hyperiidean amphipods. Antarctica New Zealand. Annual Antarctic Conference, 1-3 July, Auckland, New Zealand

Bryant, L., Davy, S., ... View entire text
Extended Metadata Properties
(Click to view more)

Creation and Review Dates
DIF Creation Date: 2009-06-19
Last DIF Revision Date: 2016-11-18
[ Update this Record ]