University NAVSTAR Consortium Resources, GPS Data via WWWEntry ID: UNAVCO_WWW
Abstract: The University NAVSTAR Consortium (UNAVCO) is a national organization
which provides resources for the collection and archive of Global
Positioning System (GPS) data. A catalog of the data collected and
descriptions of projects and campaigns currently underway can be
accessed through the WWW at:
A browser is under development which will allow ... the user to query the
data available by a variety of search criteria including: site,
campaign, temporal parameters and spatial location within lat-lon
The following information on data set access and availability were
extracted from the UNAVCO home page:
(Data on campaign name, location, start and stop date,
number of sites, site density and/or the availability of data are made
available for the sites listed below)
1. Japan 2. Saudi/Yemen
3. Caribean(Cuba??) 4. Alaska 5. Cascades(North) 6. Cascades(South)
7. Canada 8. Greenland 9. Galapagos 10. CAP(Brazil) 11. CAP(Peru)
12. CAP(Columbia) 13. Java(Borneo) 14. Russia(Urals)
15. Russia(Leningrad) 16. Iceland(Danish Islands - Faeroe)
17. England(London) 18. Switzerland(Bern) 19. Aegean(Albania)
20. Romania(Bucharest) 21. Ethiopia(North) 22. Java(Australia,
Queensland) 23. Java(Australia, Sydney) 24. Antarctica 25. Antarctica
26. PSP (Kure Island?/Midway) 27. PSP? (French
Polynesia/Disappointment Is.) 28. PSP? (New Ginea) 29. PSP?
(Guadulcanal) 30. ? (Mazatlan) 31. Tierra del Fuego (Argentina)
32. Argentina (general) 33. Casa III 34. CAP 1994 35. STRC 1994
36. Solomon Islands 37. Nepal 38. Casa 39. Yellowstone 40. Mt. Evans
41. New Zealand 42. Table Mtn. 43. LA High Rise Network 44. Southern
CA 45. PSP 46. Guam 47. Platteville Ref. 48. Greece 49. Turkey
50. India 51. Central Asia 52. SW Pacific 53. Ethiopia 54. South
Iceland 55. Wasatch Fault 56. STRC 57. CAP 58. PICMP 59. GPS STORM
60. Colorado Triangle 61. New England 62. Greenland 63. Turkey
64. Ascension Is. 65. Indonesia 66. China 67. Caribean 68. Antarctica
69. New Madrid 70. Costa Rica 71. Josua Tree 72. Kilauea
All data from projects wholly or partly funded by NSF must be archived
at UNAVCO. Archive accessibility is based on the PI's arrangements.
Data include, but are not limited to: all raw field data
(cassettes/floppies or transcribed versions of these); and legible,
field-checked originals or copies of all field logs. Policies for
deposit and release of data into/from the archive are described in the
UNAVCO Data Archiving Guidelines . Deposit of non-NSF-supported data
into the archive is encouraged. The P.I. is responsible for making the
necessary arrangements for archiving of data with the field engineer.
(The following was extracted from the README file in the root
directory of the ftp.unavco.ucar.edu ftp site. Additional information
on uploading and downloading of data sets are also available)
Description of files/directories:
README/- This file. Very short file discussing UNAVCO's ftp area.
ftp.instruc/- Detailed instructions about how to ftp UNAVCO.
BERNESE/- Bernese V3.3 Pole files, antenna phase eccentricity file
GT/- executables and examples of the gt program "Graphics Tool"
PITS/- Interactive signal analysis (seismic) graphics package
QCSUN/- Source code and input files for the version QC to run on a SUN
QC_PC/- a copy of QC for a pc
RINEX/- copy of the translators from Berne UNAVCO.
doc/- Documents for UNAVCO field operations, and newsletters.
TOOLS/- Source for TIFF
viewers/converters, public domain ZIP
tools, Tools to read/write DOS floppies on (SUN) UNIX, etc.
Includes PC stuff.
XSLIP/- Copy of xslip program with example and postscript documentation
ant_phase/- postscript files of antenna phase centers w.r.t. elevation
archive/- Information about data archived at UNAVCO
kars/- Kinetic & Rapid Static software
rec_test/- postscript files of UNAVCO receiver test report.
titrans/- TI41/Bebtran translators
Distribution Media: On-line
Creation and Review Dates
Last DIF Revision Date: 2003-12-21