Record Search Query: [Science_Parameters: Science_Category='EARTH SCIENCE', Science_Topic='AGRICULTURE', Science_Term='FEED PRODUCTS']
Panoply NetCDF Viewer
Entry ID: NASA_GISS_Panoply
Abstract: Panoply is a cross-platform application which plots geo-gridded arrays from netCDF, HDF and GRIB datasets. You can:
- Slice and plot specific latitude-longitude, latitude-vertical, longitude-vertical, or time-latitude arrays from larger multidimensional variables.
- Combine two arrays in one plot by differencing, summing or averaging.
- Plot lon-lat data on a global or regional map (using any ... of over 75 map projections) or make a zonal average lineplot.
- Overlay continent outlines or masks on lon-lat plots.
- Use any ACT, CPT, GGR, or PAL color table for scale colorbar.
- Save plots to disk GIF, JPEG, PNG or TIFF bitmap images or as PDF or PostScript graphics files.
- Export lon-lat map plots in KMZ format.
- Export animations as AVI or MOV video or as a collection of invididual frame images.
- Explore remote THREDDS and OpenDAP catalogs and open datasets served there.
[Summary provided by NASA.]
ISO Topic Category
Use Constraints Panoply is freeware.
Although Panoply was produced at a U.S. Government research institute, the complete Panoply application is not public domain software because it includes libraries provided by third parties who have their individual copyrights and licenses. See the acknowledgments above for further information about these third-party libraries.
... Scope of License. Subject to all the terms and conditions of this license and of the individual licenses of any third-party libraries, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies grants the user royalty-free, nonexclusive, nontransferable, and worldwide rights to reproduce, modify, reverse engineer, and distribute the Panoply software package, herein referred to as the Product.
Conditions and Limitations of Use. Neither the U.S. Government, nor any agency or employee thereof, makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to the Product provided under this License, including but not limited to the implied warranties or merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose.
Liability. In no event shall the U.S. Government, nor any agency or employee thereof, be liable for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages flowing from the use of the Product provided under this License.
Non-Assignment. Neither this License nor any rights granted hereunder are transferable or assignable without the explicit prior written consent of NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies.
Names and Logos. User shall not substitute its name or logo in identification of the Product.
Export of technology. User shall comply with all U.S. laws and regulations restricting the export of the Product to other countries.
Hobbs, Peter V. and L.F. Radke, 1992. 'Airbore Studies of the Smoke
from the Kuwait Oil Fires', Science, Vol. 256, pp. 987-991.
J.Geophys. Res., Vol. 97, No. D13, September 20, 1992: Special section
on Kuwait oil fire results. pp. 14,481-14,580.
Johnson, D.W., C.G.Kilsby, D.S. McKenna, R.W.Saunders, S.J.Jenkins,
F.B.Smith, and J.S.Foot, 1991. 'Airborne Observations of the Physical
and Chemical Characteristics of the Kuwait Oil Smoke Plume', Nature,
Vol. 353, pp. 617-621.
Creation and Review Dates