The Internet Weather Source http://weather.gov is the main distribution Web Site for all NOAA National Weather Service weather forecast products. Weather forecasts are available for all regions of the United States including Guam, Marianas Islands, and Puerto Rico. In addition to weather forecasts, 24 hour weather observations and all weather watches/warnings are provided.|
Marine products available include forecasts and outlooks for U.S. Coastal areas and Great Lakes with Offshore and high seas forecasts for the Atlantic, Pacific, and Gulf of Mexico.
Real-time Nexrad Weather Radar graphics are available for all sites in the Continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, and Puerto Rico. Radar images include a National Composite. Single Site radar graphics include Base Reflectivity, Composite Reflectivity, and 1 hour/storm totals.
The Internet Weather Source also provides access to 24 hours of weather conditions from sites worldwide including Antarctica. Aviation Weather products include current weather conditions in METAR code form and forecasts in TAF code form. There is also access to weather observations produced during the previous 24 hours.
Access to facsimile (fax) charts produced by the U.S. National Weather Service is also provided through "http://weather.noaa.gov/fax/" These products include the following:
- GTSFAX (Charts provided to the WMO Region IV Regional Meteorological Telecommunication Network [RMTN] satellite broadcast)
- NWSFAX (Charts disseminated to the U.S. Weather Service Forecast Offices via satellite broadcast)
- MarineFAX (Charts centrally produced for the U.S. Coast Guard Marine Radio Broadcast)
- HonoluluFAX (Charts centrally produced for the NWS Pacific Region)
- AlaskanFAX (Charts centrally produced for the NWS Alaskan Region)
- WAFSFAX (Charts provided to the World Area Forecast System Satellite Broadcast [ Aviation WX ]
- WEFAX EAST (NWS Charts distributed via GOES Satellite Broadcast)
- WEFAX WEST (NWS Charts distributed via GOES Satellite Broadcast)
All product may be accessed at http://weather.noaa.gov or the main National Weather Service Web Site http://www.nws.noaa.gov/
[Summary Adapted from the NOAA/NWS Home Page]