The MATMFXCHM or tavgM_3d_chm_Fx data product is the MERRA Data Assimilation System Chemistry 2-Dimensional chemistry that is time averaged, single-level, at reduced FV resolution. It is a history file that is intended for forcing off-line chemistry/aerosol models with the results of ... the reanalysis. Like other histories, they are produced from the GCM during thec corrector segment of the IAU cycle. All collections from this group are at reduced horizontal resolution. MERRA, or the Modern Era Retrospective-analysis for Research and Application, is a NASA reanalysis for the satellite era (30 years 1979-current) using the Goddard Earth Observing System Data Assimilation System Version 5 (GEOS-5 DAS).
This data product contains fields that do not vary during the reanalysis.
The data are on the GEOS-5 native 288 x 181 grid with 1.25° longitude x 2° latitude resolution. The files are the monthly means. Data are archived in the HDF-EOS (Grid) format, based on HDF4.
* Bloom, S., L. Takacs, A. DaSilva, and D. Ledvina, 1996: Data assimilation using incremental analysis updates. Mon. Wea. Rev., 124, 1256-1271.
* Bloom, S., A. da Silva, D. Dee, M. Bosilovich, J.-D. Chern, S. Pawson, S. Schubert, M. Sienkiewicz, I. Stajner, W.-W. Tan, M.-L. Wu, 2005: Documentation and Validation ... of the Goddard Earth Observing System (GEOS) Data Assimilation System - Version 4. Technical Report Series on Global Modeling and Data Assimilation 104606, v26.
* Collins, N., G. Theurich, C. DeLuca, M. Suarez, A. Trayanov, V. Balaji, P. Li, W. Yang, C. Hill, and A. da Silva, 2005: Design and implementation of components in the Earth System Modeling Framework. Int. J. High Perf. Comput. Appl., 19, 341-350, DOI: 10.1177/1094342005056120.
* Derber, J. C., R. J. Purser, W.-S. Wu, R. Treadon, M. Pondeca, D. Parrish, and D. Kleist, 2003: Flow-dependent Jb in a global grid-point 3D-Var. Proc. ECMWF annual seminar on recent developments in data assimilation for atmosphere and ocean. Reading, UK, 8-12 Sept. 2003.
* Koster, R. D., M. J. Suarez, A. Ducharne, M. Stieglitz, and P. Kumar, 2000: A catchment-based approach to modeling land surface processes in a GCM, Part 1, Model Structure. J. Geophys. Res., 105, 24809-24822.
* Purser, R. J., W.-S. Wu, D. F. Parrish, and N. M. Roberts, 2003a: Numerical aspects of the application of recursive filters to variational statistical analysis. Part I: Spatially homogeneous and isotropic Gaussian covariances. Mon. Wea. Rev., 131, 1524-1535.\
* Purser, R. J., W.-S. Wu, D. F. Parrish, and N. M. Roberts, 2003b: Numerical aspects of the application of recursive filters to variational statistical analysis. Part II: Spatially inhomogeneous and anisotropic general covariances. Mon. Wea. Rev., 131, pp. 1536-1548.