Goal: To provide an integrated geographic database of King George Island for
use by all countries and in multi-disciplinary applications.
1. Continue obtaining and integrating data
2. Maintain database and website
3. Promote KGIS among users / data producers
4. Establish / maintain close links to related GIS projects on King George
5. Continue contributing to the ... development of the SCAR spatial data standards
6. Make report on pilot study on place names available (October 2004)
7. Link data into Cybercartographic Atlas (provided funding is available)
1. Interactive Mapviewer to the KGIS data base
2. Report on place names study available at the KGIS website.
Several maps were in different scales were sent since the year 2000 covering
the Fildes Peninsula.