A GIS dataset of around Cape Denison and part of George V land created from two IKONOS satellite images.
Layers created from digitising directly from the imagery include: mapping extent, continent, building, refuge, coastline, reef, offshore rocks, sea, snow, sheet, island, birds, rock, moraine, sea ice, lakes
- The mapping extent layer represents the edge of the IKONOS imagery.
- The continent ... layer represents the land mass shown in IKONOS imagery. It was generated using the digitised coastline and bounded by lines that represent the edge of the image.
- The snow spatial data represents the snow cover in January 2001
- The sheet ice spatial data represents the ice extent in January 2001
- The penguin spatial data represents the penguin colony extents, based on guano deposits.
- The rock spatial data represents the exposed bare rock