Summer automatic weather stations were installed on the Darwin-Hatherton Glaciers over three summer seasons (2006-2009). Meterological data was recorded over the four seasons variably from early November to the end of January. Meteorological data includes: air temperature, relative humidity, wind speed and direction, air pressure, net radiation, incidence solar radiation, ice temperature and snow depth. The data will be used and included in a glacial model for the Darwin-Hatherton area along with glacial and geomorphological methodologies to obtain a set of information that will enable the system to be characterised and understood.
* Bloom, S., L. Takacs, A. DaSilva, and D. Ledvina, 1996: Data assimilation using incremental analysis updates. Mon. Wea. Rev., 124, 1256-1271.
* Bloom, S., A. da Silva, D. Dee, M. Bosilovich, J.-D. Chern, S. Pawson, S. Schubert, M. Sienkiewicz, I. Stajner, W.-W. Tan, M.-L. Wu, 2005: Documentation and Validation ... of the Goddard Earth Observing System (GEOS) Data Assimilation System - Version 4. Technical Report Series on Global Modeling and Data Assimilation 104606, v26.
* Collins, N., G. Theurich, C. DeLuca, M. Suarez, A. Trayanov, V. Balaji, P. Li, W. Yang, C. Hill, and A. da Silva, 2005: Design and implementation of components in the Earth System Modeling Framework. Int. J. High Perf. Comput. Appl., 19, 341-350, DOI: 10.1177/1094342005056120.
* Derber, J. C., R. J. Purser, W.-S. Wu, R. Treadon, M. Pondeca, D. Parrish, and D. Kleist, 2003: Flow-dependent Jb in a global grid-point 3D-Var. Proc. ECMWF annual seminar on recent developments in data assimilation for atmosphere and ocean. Reading, UK, 8-12 Sept. 2003.
* Koster, R. D., M. J. Suarez, A. Ducharne, M. Stieglitz, and P. Kumar, 2000: A catchment-based approach to modeling land surface processes in a GCM, Part 1, Model Structure. J. Geophys. Res., 105, 24809-24822.
* Purser, R. J., W.-S. Wu, D. F. Parrish, and N. M. Roberts, 2003a: Numerical aspects of the application of recursive filters to variational statistical analysis. Part I: Spatially homogeneous and isotropic Gaussian covariances. Mon. Wea. Rev., 131, 1524-1535.\
* Purser, R. J., W.-S. Wu, D. F. Parrish, and N. M. Roberts, 2003b: Numerical aspects of the application of recursive filters to variational statistical analysis. Part II: Spatially inhomogeneous and anisotropic general covariances. Mon. Wea. Rev., 131, pp. 1536-1548.