Location: S79 50.113, E159 19.122
AWS/environemntal logging station was installed in the central valley (S 79º 50.113" E 159º 19.122") between Lake Wilson and Diamond Glacier in the Darwin Glacier Region on November 16 2004.
• Wind direction and wind speed at 3m above ground level (NIWA)
• Temperature and relative humidity at 3m above ground level (NIWA)
• Global ... radiation and reflected radiance at 2m above ground level 9NIWA)
• 3 x soil temperature sensors at 5cm, 10cm and 20cm depth (NIWA)
• 3 x PAR light sensors at soil surface level. Located approx underneath the radiation/radiance sensors (Allan Green, University Waikato).
• 3 x soil conductivity sensors at soil surface. Located approx underneath the radiation/radiance sensors (Megan balks, University Waikato).
Logging: CR10X data logger recording to 16Mb memory module. Recording met parameters as average every hour and the soil data every day in winter and every 12h in summer. Data gets downloaded every two years.