The MAI3CPASM or inst3_3d_asm_Cp data product is the MERRA Data Assimilation System 3-Dimensional assimilated state on pressure, at a reduced resolution. It is a history file that is produced from the GCM during the corrector segment of the IAU cycle. All collections from this group are at reduced horizontal resolution. MERRA, or the Modern Era Retrospective-analysis for Research and Application, ... is a NASA reanalysis for the satellite era (30 years 1979-current) using the Goddard Earth Observing System Data Assimilation System Version 5 (GEOS-5 DAS).
This data product contains 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional fields that do not vary during the reanalysis. The data are on the GEOS-5 native 288 x 144 grid with 1.25° longitude x 1.25° latitude resolution. The pressure-level data will be output in 42 pressure levels. The files contain the following times compacted into a daily file: 00, 03, 06, 09, 12, 15, 18, 21 GMT. Data are archived in the HDF-EOS (Grid) format, based on HDF4.
Parameters contained in the data files are the following: Variable Name|Description|Units SLP|Sea-level pressure|Pa PS|Surface pressure|Pa PHIS|Surface Geopotential|m2s-2 H|Geopotential height|m O3|Ozone mixing ratio|kg kg-1 QV|Specific humidity|kg kg-1 QL|Cloud liquid water mixing ratio|kg kg-1 QI|Cloud ice mixing ratio|kg kg-1 RH|Relative humidity|percent T|Air temperature|K U|Eastward wind component|m s-1 V|Northward wind component|m s-1 PV|Ertel potential vorticity|m2kg-1s-1 OMEGA|Vertical pressure velocity|Pa s-1
The Simple Subset Wizard (SSW) is designed to provide a simple, unified user interface for submitting subset requests for data. The SSW uses an agent-based architecture to interface with the diversity of subsetters across EOSDIS.
* Bloom, S., L. Takacs, A. DaSilva, and D. Ledvina, 1996: Data assimilation using incremental analysis updates. Mon. Wea. Rev., 124, 1256-1271.
* Bloom, S., A. da Silva, D. Dee, M. Bosilovich, J.-D. Chern, S. Pawson, S. Schubert, M. Sienkiewicz, I. Stajner, W.-W. Tan, M.-L. Wu, 2005: Documentation and Validation ... of the Goddard Earth Observing System (GEOS) Data Assimilation System - Version 4. Technical Report Series on Global Modeling and Data Assimilation 104606, v26.
* Collins, N., G. Theurich, C. DeLuca, M. Suarez, A. Trayanov, V. Balaji, P. Li, W. Yang, C. Hill, and A. da Silva, 2005: Design and implementation of components in the Earth System Modeling Framework. Int. J. High Perf. Comput. Appl., 19, 341-350, DOI: 10.1177/1094342005056120.
* Derber, J. C., R. J. Purser, W.-S. Wu, R. Treadon, M. Pondeca, D. Parrish, and D. Kleist, 2003: Flow-dependent Jb in a global grid-point 3D-Var. Proc. ECMWF annual seminar on recent developments in data assimilation for atmosphere and ocean. Reading, UK, 8-12 Sept. 2003.
* Koster, R. D., M. J. Suarez, A. Ducharne, M. Stieglitz, and P. Kumar, 2000: A catchment-based approach to modeling land surface processes in a GCM, Part 1, Model Structure. J. Geophys. Res., 105, 24809-24822.
* Purser, R. J., W.-S. Wu, D. F. Parrish, and N. M. Roberts, 2003a: Numerical aspects of the application of recursive filters to variational statistical analysis. Part I: Spatially homogeneous and isotropic Gaussian covariances. Mon. Wea. Rev., 131, 1524-1535.\
* Purser, R. J., W.-S. Wu, D. F. Parrish, and N. M. Roberts, 2003b: Numerical aspects of the application of recursive filters to variational statistical analysis. Part II: Spatially inhomogeneous and anisotropic general covariances. Mon. Wea. Rev., 131, pp. 1536-1548.