Abstract: The Coupling, Energetics, and Dynamics of Atmospheric Regions (CEDAR) Data Base has some files of geophysical indices. These include Dst, Kp, ap, AP, solar 10.7 cm flux, sunspot number, AE indices, IMF parameters, solar wind parameters, hemispheric power input estimates from the NOAA satellites, and estimates of the magnetic latitude of the equatorward auoral boundary at midnight from DMSP ... satellites. Software is available from the CEDAR Data Base.
Geophysical Indices data include: - Interplanetary Magnetic Field (IMF) and solar plasma data from satellites from 27 November 1963 to 31 December 1997.
- hemispheric power from NOAA satellites from 2 November 1978 to 13 May 1998 from David Evans (SEC/NOAA).
- estimates of midnight equatorward boundary of the aurora from DMSP satellites from 1 January 1983 to 22 May 1998 from Frederick Rich (USAF).
- 3-hour Kp and ap; daily sunspot numbers, 10.7 cm solar flux and Ap; and 81-day average 10.7 cm solar flux from 1 January 1960 to 30 April 1998.
- 1-minute and hourly values of the magnetic indices of AE, AL, AU, and AO from 1 January 1978 to 30 June 1988 from Barbara Emery (NCAR/HAO).
- hourly values of the ring current index Dst calculated from lower latitude ground magnetometers between 1 January 1957 to 31 March 1998.