Abstract: The MAIMNPANA or instM_3d_ana_Np data product is the MERRA Data Assimilation System 3-Dimensional instantaneous, on pressure levels, at native resolution. MERRA, or the Modern Era Retrospective-analysis for Research and Application, is a NASA reanalysis for the satellite era (30 years 1979-current) using the Goddard Earth Observing System Data Assimilation System Version 5 (GEOS-5 DAS).
This data ... product contains 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional fields that do not vary during the reanalysis.
The data are on the GEOS-5 native 540 x 361 grid with 2/3° longitude x 1/2° latitude resolution. The pressure-level data will be output in 42 pressure levels. File sizes are about 792 Mbytes per day with the following times compacted into a daily file: 00, 06, 12, 18 GMT; monthly and seasonal are also available. Data are archived in the HDF-EOS (Grid) format, based on HDF4.
MERRA Data specific subsetter which allows users to subset based on temporal, spatial, time, vertical and variable. Users have options to calculate the mean and reformat the data to NetCDF.
The GES-DISC Interactive Online Visualization ANd aNalysis Interface (Giovanni) is a web-based tool that allows users to analyze gridded data interactively online without having to download any data.
Mirador (from Spanish, a place providing a wide view) is a Google-based data archive search interface that allows searching, browsing, and retrieving of Earth science data at NASA GES DISC.
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
Global Modeling and Assimilation Office
Province or State:
Postal Code: 20771
* Bloom, S., L. Takacs, A. DaSilva, and D. Ledvina, 1996: Data assimilation using incremental analysis updates. Mon. Wea. Rev., 124, 1256-1271.
* Bloom, S., A. da Silva, D. Dee, M. Bosilovich, J.-D. Chern, S. Pawson, S. Schubert, M. Sienkiewicz, I. Stajner, W.-W. Tan, M.-L. Wu, 2005: Documentation and Validation of the Goddard Earth Observing System ... (GEOS) Data Assimilation System - Version 4. Technical Report Series on Global Modeling and Data Assimilation 104606, v26.
* Collins, N., G. Theurich, C. DeLuca, M. Suarez, A. Trayanov, V. Balaji, P. Li, W. Yang, C. Hill, and A. da Silva, 2005: Design and implementation of components in the Earth System Modeling Framework. Int. J. High Perf. Comput. Appl., 19, 341-350, DOI: 10.1177/1094342005056120.
* Derber, J. C., R. J. Purser, W.-S. Wu, R. Treadon, M. Pondeca, D. Parrish, and D. Kleist, 2003: Flow-dependent Jb in a global grid-point 3D-Var. Proc. ECMWF annual seminar on recent developments in data assimilation for atmosphere and ocean. Reading, UK, 8-12 Sept. 2003.
* Koster, R. D., M. J. Suarez, A. Ducharne, M. Stieglitz, and P. Kumar, 2000: A catchment-based approach to modeling land surface processes in a GCM, Part 1, Model Structure. J. Geophys. Res., 105, 24809-24822.
* Purser, R. J., W.-S. Wu, D. F. Parrish, and N. M. Roberts, 2003a: Numerical aspects of the application of recursive filters to variational statistical analysis. Part I: Spatially homogeneous and isotropic Gaussian covariances. Mon. Wea. Rev., 131, 1524-1535.\
* Purser, R. J., W.-S. Wu, D. F. Parrish, and N. M. Roberts, 2003b: Numerical aspects of the application of recursive filters to variational statistical analysis. Part II: Spatially inhomogeneous and anisotropic general covariances. Mon. Wea. Rev., 131, pp. 1536-1548.