The Swath Prep operation for Giovanni-3 prepares swath data for use
in a Giovanni-3 workflow. Input parameters:
Geophysical variables in satellite swath format. Output Description:
Missing data added to workflow XML file. Output Parameters:
Same as input parameters File Type:
Input files are HDF4; no changes are made to the input HDF files. All
changes are in ... the workflow XML files.
- Swath: 2- or 3-dimensional data structure, typically
representing an array of measurements distributed along the
scan lines of a satellite track.
- Pixel: individual data elements of the 2-dimensional swaths.
- Scan line: first data dimension in a 2-dimensional swath.
- Scan pixel: second dimension in a 2-dimensional swath.
- Vertical dimension: first dimension in a 3-dimensional swath, for
which the second and third dimensions are scan line and scan pixel.
Description of Operation:
- If any parameters listed in the input file groups are
lacking dimension information, the required information is
copied from the data description file for that dataset.
- If the geolocation parameters (listed in the data description file)
are not present in the input parameter list, they are added.
Implemented in IDL.
This document describes only the mathematical approach used in the computation.