The Swath Center Pixel Extractor Operation for Giovanni-3 is a
special-purpose service designed to perform center-pixel
subsetting on swath data. The service takes a series of swaths
as an input and creates a corresponding series of output swaths.
The output values are the result of applying center-pixel
filtering to the input swaths. Input parameters:
Geophysical variables. Output ... Description:
Center-pixel filtered data in satellite swath format Output Parameters:
Same as input parameters File Type:
Both input and output files are HDF4. Sub-definitions:
- Swath: 1- or 2-dimensional data structure.
- Scan line: horizontal dimension of data structure.
- Vertical level of measurement: vertical dimension of data structure.
- Pixel -- individual data element of the data structure.
- Read in each swath (independently).
- Mask out bad/missing/fill values.
- Extract center pixel from each scan line; write to output file.
- Write corresponding time, latitude, longitude, and pressure level (if
needed) to output file.
If the data contains a profile for each pixel, the profile
for the center pixel is extracted. Caveats/Warnings:
All swaths are assumed to have the same width and number of
vertical levels (where needed), but they may vary in the number
of scan lines in the swath. Origin/Software: User Options Other information: