Taken from sections of the report:
This report details some sections of the survey work performed at Casey station, Antarctica, during the 1998/99 field season. Surveyors Henk Brolsma, John Hyslop, Matt King, Rachael Manson and Lee Palfrey were ashore at Casey for two days in March 1999.
Surveyors Henk Brolsma and John Hyslop were undertaking a round trip on Voyage 5.2, visiting ... Mawson, Davis and Casey stations.
Surveyors Matt King and Rachael Manson from the Centre for Spatial Information Science, University of Tasmania, and Lee Palfrey, a Royal Australian Army Cartographer/Surveyor were travelling home following their summer season at Davis station, the details of which are reported elsewhere.
This report does not cover certain non-GPS activities performed by John Hyslop and Henk Brolsma while at Casey.
The survey program consisted of the following major areas:
- Photo control
- SSSI 16
- Casey Station
- Wilkes Station and Tip
- Detail Survey of Wilkes Station
- Setting out of cane grid at Wilkes
- Casey plateau access survey
- Providing GPS coordinates for survey marks in the tide gauge bench mark array
- Completion of various tasks relating to the Casey tide gauge
- Timed water-level measurements.
- Levelling connection between the tide gauge bench marks.