Survey report for Casey Station, 1979, by the wintering senior technical officer, JC Sutton.
Taken from the survey report:
- Provision of site details for proposed building program
- Extension of mapping control in the vicinity of Casey Station
- Establish a tide gauge at Casey Station
- Provide survey support for the glaciology program
During the 1979 changeover period the following surveying and mapping is to be carried out from Casey Station:
1) Complete a site survey of the proposed extension to Casey station.
20 Carry out colour spot photography of Casey Station and the new station site.
3) Establish a JMR fix in the Swain Islands Group on the Thompson or Balaena Islands for future mapping control.
4) Spot photograph of the above newly established control stations as well as those established in 1978 on Frazier and Donovan
After the 1979 changeover period the following work is to be carried out:
1) Establish and survey a number of survey control points in the Swain Islands Group. These points are to be marked for photography
for the following summer.
2) Establish and maintain a tide gauge station for a minimum period of 29 days during the summer.
3) Carry out ground truth investigation of LANDSAT imagery along the IAGP route.
4) Provide survey support for the glaciology program.
A copy of the survey report is available for download from the provided URL.
This data set conforms to the PICCCBY Attribution License
Please follow instructions listed in the citation reference provided at http://data.aad.gov.au/aadc/metadata/citation.cfm?entry_id=survey_1979_Casey
when using these data.