Title: Meterological Data from AWS, Darwin Glacier (Brown Hills)
Location: S79 50.113, E159 19.122
AWS/environemntal logging station was installed in the central valley (S 79º 50.113" E 159º 19.122") between Lake Wilson and
Diamond Glacier in the Darwin Glacier Region on November 16 2004.
• Wind direction and wind speed at 3m above ground level (NIWA)
• Temperature and relative humidity at 3m above ground level (NIWA)
• Global radiation and reflected radiance at 2m above ground level 9NIWA)
• 3 x soil temperature sensors at 5cm, 10cm and 20cm depth (NIWA)
• 3 x PAR light sensors at soil surface level. Located approx underneath the radiation/radiance sensors (Allan Green,
• 3 x soil conductivity sensors at soil surface. Located approx underneath the radiation/radiance sensors (Megan balks,
Logging: CR10X data logger recording to 16Mb memory module. Recording met parameters as average every hour and the soil data
every day in winter and every 12h in summer. Data gets downloaded every two years.