National Oceanography Centre, University of Southampton
Data Center Description
The Southampton Oceanography Centre is one of the world?s leading centres for research and education in marine and earth sciences, for the development of marine technology and for the provision of large scale infrastructure and support for the marine research community.
Their mission is to:
1. To deliver scientific excellence and understanding of the earth and its oceans as a dynamic interdisciplinary system;
2. To provide the highest quality teaching and training in ocean and earth science within an active research environment;
3. To develop and exploit appropriate new technology;
4. To provide large scale national facilities for ocean and earth science;
5. To help deliver the mission of the Natural Environment Research Council and the University of Southampton.