Institute of Nature Conservation, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
Data Center Description
The history of the Institute of Nature Conservation PAS dates back to 1919, when the then Minister of Education appointed the Temporary State Committee of Nature Conservation which was constituted and started its activity in Kraków. In 1920, Prof. W. Szafer was elected its first president. Throughout the following decades, there were a few changes of the name and structutre of the organization. In 1925 the Temporary Committee was converted by a governmental decree into the State Council for Nature Conservation (PROP).