QUIKSCAT, JET PROPULSION LABORATORY, NASA
Data Center Description
The objectives of QuikSCAT and the website:
1. Acquire all-weather, high-resolution measurements of near-surface winds
over global oceans.
2. Determine atmospheric forcing, ocean response, and air-sea interaction
mechanisms on various spatial and temporal scales.
3. Combine wind data with measurements from scientific instruments in other
disciplines to help us better understand the mechanisms of global climate
change and weather patterns.
4. Study both annual and semi-annual rain forest vegetation changes.
5. Study daily/seasonal sea ice edge movement and Arctic/Antarctic ice pack
[Summary provided by NASA.]
Data Center URL