Ecologia Trofica de Pinguinos Antarticos
Project DescriptionFrom the ETPA [http://www.dna.gov.ar/INGLES/INDEX.HTM]
The Instituto Antártico Argentino was created under the Decree Nº 7338 on April the 17th 1951. Its founder and first director was the colonel Hernán Pujato. The goal of this creation was the need of a specialized organism to orientate, control, address and perform scientific and technical research and studies concerning this region, in coordination with the Comisión Nacional del Antártico, an institution depending on the Argentine Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Stations set up at Marguerite Bay, Hope Bay, and Filchner Ice Shelf, and scientific summer seasons were the support for these goals, including a wide range of earth, sea and air sciences.