World Water Assessment Programme
Project DescriptionThe World Water Assessment Programme (WWAP) is UN-wide programme that seeks to
develop the tools and skills needed to achieve a better understanding of those
basic processes, management practices and policies that will help improve the
supply and quality of global freshwater resources.
WWAP goals are to:
- assess the state of the world's freshwater resources and ecosystems;
- identify critical issues and problems;
- develop indicators and measure progress towards achieving sustainable use of
- help countries develop their own assessment capacity;
- document lessons learned and publish a World Water Development Report
(http://www.unesco.org/water/wwap/wwdr/index.shtml) ) at regular intervals.
For more information, see: