Wisconsin Center for Environmental Education, College of Natural Resources, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
Data Center Description
The Wisconsin Center for Environmental Education (WCEE) is working to improve environmental education (EE) in Wisconsin. The WCEE assists in the development, dissemination, implementation and evaluation of teacher and student K-12 EE programs.
Goals of the WCEE include:
1) Develop, offer, and evaluate graduate and undergraduate credit courses in environmental education.
2) Collaborate and develop partnerships with agencies, organizations and institutions on the development, implementation, evaluation and recognition of environmental education programs to benefit the state of Wisconsin.
3) Develop and conduct environmental education needs assessments and program evaluations.
4) Develop and conduct environmental literacy assessments of Wisconsin's students and teachers.
5) Maintain an environmental education resources center for use by educators.
[Summary provided by the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point.]