Geospatial Research and Education Laboratory, Department of Geography and Environmental Planning, Towson University
Data Center Description
The mission of the Geospatial Research and Education (GRE) Laboratory is to serve the faculty, students, and staff of Towson University and the people of Maryland and the Mid-Atlantic region by providing a focal point for geospatial research, education, and outreach activities. The objectives of the GRE Laboratory, which is located with the Department of Geography and Environmental Planning, are:
- to foster multidisciplinary research on geographic information sciences;
- to promote geographic information systems (GIS) education across the K-16 curriculum;
- to develop partnerships with government agencies, non-governmental organizations, businesses, and schools interested in geospatial research and education;
- to conduct grant and contract research;
- to engage undergraduate and graduate students in meaningful service-learning and internship experiences.