Water Resources Programme, International Atomic Energy Agency, Food and Agriculture Organization, United Nations
Service Provider DescriptionMission Statement
This UN-wide programme seeks to develop the tools and skills needed to achieve a better understanding of those basic processes, management practices and policies that will help improve the supply and quality of global freshwater resources.
Our goals are to:
* assess the state of the world's freshwater resources and ecosystems;
* identify critical issues and problems;
* develop indicators and measure progress towards achieving sustainable use of water resources;
* help countries develop their own assessment capacity;
* document lessons learned and publish a World Water Development Report (WWDR) at regular intervals.
Summary provided by: http://www.unesco.org/water/wwap/description/index.shtml