Record Search Query:
River and Stream Water Quality Model (QUAL2Kw)
Entry ID: EPA_QUAL2KW
Abstract: QUAL2Kw is a river and stream water quality model that is intended to represent
a modernized version of the QUAL2E model (Brown and Barnwell, 1987). QUAL2Kw is
related to the QUAL2K model that was developed by Dr. Steven Chapra (Chapra and
QUAL2Kw includes some processes and options that are not in QUAL2K. QUAL2Kw is
similar to QUAL2E in the ... following respects:
* One dimensional. The channel is well-mixed vertically and laterally.
* Steady state hydraulics. Non-uniform, steady flow is simulated.
* Diel heat budget. The heat budget and temperature are dynamically
simulated as a function of meteorology on a diel time scale.
* Diel water-quality kinetics. All water quality variables are dynamically
simulated on a diel time scale.
* Heat and mass inputs. Point and non-point loads and abstractions are
Use Constraints Technical Requirements
Standard desktop system. Higher performance machine maybe needed for large
Microsoft Windows 98 or higher
Microsoft Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Other Requirements and Features
QUAL2Kw requires Microsoft Office/Excel 2000 or higher
Brown, L.C. and Barnwell, T.O. 1987. The enhanced stream water quality models
QUAL2E and QUAL2E-UNCAS: documentation and user manual. EPA/600/3-87/007, US
Environmental Protection Agency, Athens, GA.
Chapra, S.C. and Pelletier, G.J. 2004. QUAL2K: A Modeling Framework for
Simulating River and Stream Water Quality: Documentation and Users Manual.
Civil and Environmental Engineering Dept., Tufts University, Medford, MA.
Creation and Review Dates