[Location: Location_Category='VERTICAL LOCATION', Location_Type='SEA FLOOR']
General Bathymetric Chart of the Oceans (GEBCO) Digital AtlasEntry ID: BODC_GEBCO_DIGITAL_ATLAS
Abstract: The General Bathymetric Chart of the Oceans (GEBCO) is now available as the GEBCO Digital Atlas (GDA) on CD-ROM. It is published by the British Oceanographic Data Centre (BODC) on behalf of the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of UNESCO and the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO). The GDA contains a global one minute interval grid and a global set of digital bathymetric ... contours and coastlines of the world's oceans.
The GDA is available from BODC on CDROM with a software interface and full documentation for the data sets. The price of the atlas is 230 pounds sterling, inclusive of postage and packing. A special price of 99 pounds sterling is available to educational and academic research establishments and national Hydrographic Offices. VAT (currently 17.5%) is payable on orders from within the European Community.
For more information see http://www.bodc.ac.uk/projects/international/gebco/gebco_digital_at...
The contents of the GDA are as follows:
* Bathymetric contours, coastlines and trackline control from the October 2002 version of the GEBCO Digital Atlas. It is based primarily on the digitised GEBCO Fifth Edition chart series enhanced by completely new bathymetric compilations for the Arctic and Indian Oceans as well as significant updates for areas of the North Atlantic, the Weddell Sea and the area around New Zealand.
* The GEBCO One Minute Grid, a global one minute interval bathymetric grid, based primarily on the bathymetric contours of the October 2002 version of the GDA. It also incorporates land elevations derived from the Global Land One-km Base Elevation (GLOBE) project data set.
* A five minute version of the GEBCO One Minute Grid. The data are stored in binary format and are not accessible via the GDA Software Interface. A stand alone version of the data set is stored for direct access by the user.
* A set of user guides to the GDA and its data sets.
* Bathymetric contours and coastlines from the First Edition of the International Bathymetric Chart of the Mediterranean (IBCM).
* A set of digital global coastlines from the World Vector Shoreline, at a range of scales from 1:43 million to 1:250000 or better for coastlines north of 60°S.
* The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR) Coastline of Antarctica (Version 3.0) at a range of scales from 1:10 million to 1:250000 (replacing the World Vector Shoreline south of 60°S).
* Trackline inventory of the digital echo-sounding data held at the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) Data Center for Digital Bathymetry as of June 2002.
* A digital set of geographically referenced feature names including the International Hydrographic Organization/Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IHO/IOC) Gazetteer of Geographic Names of Undersea Features.
* A digital version of the Third Edition of the Echo-Sounding Correction Tables
Data Set Citation
Version: Not provided
Start Date: 1970-01-01
Distribution Media: CD-ROM
Extended Metadata Properties
(Click to view more)
Creation and Review Dates
DIF Creation Date: 1970-01-01
Last DIF Revision Date: 2018-11-01