[Science_Parameters: Science_Category='EARTH SCIENCE', Science_Topic='LAND SURFACE', Science_Term='LAND USE/LAND COVER', Science_Variable_Level_1='LAND USE/LAND COVER CLASSIFICATION']
SEVIRI Image Processing and Visualization Software (MSGView)Entry ID: EUMETSAT_MSGView
Abstract: MSGView software displays HDF5 formatted HRIT and LRIT MSG SEVIRI data. The software has been developed by Ayd?n Gürol ERTÜRK from Turkish State Meteorological Service to support operational meteorology, satellite meteorology researches and also training activity. It is running at the forecast centers of TSMS as operational, at the Istanbul Technical University (Turkey), Cukurova University ... (Turkey) and University of Alagos (Brazil) for research and at the EUMETSAT User Service for evaluation of potential contribution training events. It is bilingual software which are Turkish and English.
Some of the features of MSGView software are given below:
- Full disc or partial display.
- Single channel, channel difference, RGB and channel difference RGB display.
- Histogram equalization, contrast enhancement, land/sea mask and inverse display.
- Lookup tables.
- Support HDF5 format.
- Last image automatically display (optional)
- Save as image in JPEG format.
- Save as a physical value (BT, Reflectance, Radiance)
- Zoom (2X, 3X, 4X)
- Last image automatically add into animation (optional)
- Show pixel information (BT or Reflectance, latitude and longitude etc.) at the
ISO Topic Category
Access Constraints Software use requires licence agreement. For details, see http://www.eumetsat.int/website/wcm/idc/idcplg?IdcService=GET_FILE&....
Use Constraints The usage of MSGView software is free of charge for only possible under this license agreement.
Role: TECHNICAL CONTACT
Phone: +49 6151 807345
Fax: +49 6151 807538
Am Kavalleriesand 31
Province or State: Hessen
Postal Code: D-64295
Role: SERF AUTHOR
Email: Tyler.B.Stevens at nasa.gov
5700 Rivertech Court
Province or State: MD
Postal Code: 20737
Extended Metadata Properties
(Click to view more)
Creation and Review Dates