[Science_Parameters: Science_Category='EARTH SCIENCE', Science_Topic='OCEANS', Science_Term='OCEAN WAVES']
nccmp - Software to Compare Two NetCDF FilesEntry ID: nccmp
Abstract: nccmp compares two NetCDF files bitwise, semantically or with a user defined tolerance (absolute or relative percentage). Parallel comparisons are done in local memory without requiring temporary files. Highly recommended for regression testing scientific models or datasets in a test-driven development environment.
Here's an incomplete list of reasons why you may want to check your data:
* ... Change in architecture (hardware, bare-metal, virtualization, platform, operating system).
* Change in compiler, compiler options or dependent libraries.
* Code refactoring, language migration, algorithm evolution, replacement or optimization.
* Data type promotion or demotion, compression, shuffling, alignment, ordering, encoding, metadata, or schema change.
* Process model change (framework, order of execution, partitioning).
* Tuning model parameters.
* Up/down-sampling fitness.
ISO Topic Category
Role: SERF AUTHOR
Email: Tyler.B.Stevens at nasa.gov
5700 Rivertech Court
Province or State: MD
Postal Code: 20737
Extended Metadata Properties
(Click to view more)
Creation and Review Dates