[Sensor_Name: Short_Name='FLUORESCENCE MICROSCOPY']
Biodiversity and ecophysiology of Antarctic sea-ice bacteriaEntry ID: ASAC_1012
Abstract: The data set includes information relevant for the study and description of sea-ice bacteria contains the following dataset subgroups and is organised by REFERENCE number.
1) Isolation data: strain designations (e.g. culture collection names are indicated for type cultures); media used for isolation and routine cultivation; temperature used for incubation; any special conditions (e.g. enrichment ... conditions) used for isolation; isolation site and type (e.g. sea-ice); availability of the indicated strain from the chief investigator (J. Bowman)
2) Phenotypic data: Includes morphological, physiological and biochemical tests performed. Details on how these were performed are indicated in the relevant reference.
3) Growth/temperature data: data for temperature related growth curves are given where available. Methods are indicated in the associated reference.
4) Fatty acid/chemotaxonomy data: fatty acid and other related data are given where available. Methods are indicated in the associated reference.
5) Genotypic data: data for DNA-guanosine/cytosine-content and genomic DNA:DNA hybridization are shown where available. Methods are indicated in the associated reference.
6) Phylogenetic data: data for sequences are cross-referenced to the GenBank database. In some cases, aligned sequence datasets are available in FASTA format and can be viewed in the programs BIOEDIT (www.mbio.ncsu.edu/BioEdit/bioedit.html) or CLUSTAL W (www.ebi.ac.uk/clustalw).
7) Other related published references which are useful or relevant to the dataset e.g. related sequences published subsequent to the ASAC study
Data Set Citation
Dataset Originator/Creator: Bowman, J.
Dataset Title: Biodiversity and ecophysiology of Antarctic sea-ice bacteria
Dataset Series Name: CAASM Metadata
Dataset Release Date: 2002-10-17
Dataset Publisher: Australian Antarctic Data Centre
Version: 1Online Resource: https://data.aad.gov.au/metadata/records/ASAC_1012
Start Date: 1996-07-01Stop Date: 1999-06-30
CRYOSPHERE > SEA ICE > PACK ICE
CRYOSPHERE > SEA ICE > POLYNYAS
CRYOSPHERE > SEA ICE
OCEANS > SEA ICE > ICE TYPES
OCEANS > SEA ICE > PACK ICE
OCEANS > SEA ICE
BIOLOGICAL CLASSIFICATION > BACTERIA/ARCHAEA > CYANOBACTERIA (BLUE-GREEN ALGAE)
BIOSPHERE > ECOSYSTEMS > AQUATIC ECOSYSTEMS > PLANKTON
OCEANS > OCEAN CHEMISTRY > PIGMENTS > CHLOROPHYLL
BIOSPHERE > ECOSYSTEMS > MARINE ECOSYSTEMS > PELAGIC
BIOSPHERE > ECOSYSTEMS > FRESHWATER ECOSYSTEMS > LAKE/POND
BIOSPHERE > ECOLOGICAL DYNAMICS > ECOSYSTEM FUNCTIONS > BIOMASS DYNAMICS
BIOSPHERE > ECOLOGICAL DYNAMICS > ECOSYSTEM FUNCTIONS > SECONDARY PRODUCTION
BIOSPHERE > ECOLOGICAL DYNAMICS > COMMUNITY DYNAMICS > COMMUNITY STRUCTURE
Access Constraints The data are available from the databases indicated in the summary.
Use Constraints This data set conforms to the CCBY Attribution License
Please follow instructions listed in the citation reference provided at http://data.aad.gov.au/aadc/metadata/citation.cfm?entry_id=ASAC_1012 when using these data.
Data Set Progress
Distribution Media: HTTP
Role: TECHNICAL CONTACT
Role: DIF AUTHOR
Phone: +61 3 6226 6380
Fax: +61 3 6226 2642
Email: john.bowman at utas.edu.au
School of Agricultural Science University of Tasmania Private Bag 54
Province or State: Tasmania
Postal Code: 7001
Bowman, J.P., Brown, M.V., Nichols, D.S. (1997), Biodiversity and ecophysiology of bacteria associated with Antarctic sea ice, Antarctic Science, 9, 2, 134-142
Bowman, J.P., McCammon, S.A., Brown, M.V., Nichols, D.S., McMeekin, T.A. (1997), Diversity and association of psychrophilic bacteria in Antarctic sea ice, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 63, 8, 3068-3078
Extended Metadata Properties
(Click to view more)
Creation and Review Dates
DIF Creation Date: 2002-10-17
Last DIF Revision Date: 2019-04-03