Multi-Chamber Concentration And Exposure Model (MCCEM)
Multi- Chamber Concentration and Exposure Model (MCCEM)|
.- Estimates average and peak indoor air concentrations of chemicals released
from products or materials in houses, apartments, townhouses, or other
residences. The data libraries contained in MCCEM are limited to residential
settings. However, the model can be used to assess other indoor environments
(e.g. schools, offices) if the user can supply the necessary inputs.
- Estimates inhalation exposures to these chemicals, calculated as single day
doses, chronic average daily doses, or lifetime average daily doses. (All dose
estimates are potential doses; they do not account for actual absorption into
How Does MCCEM Work?
- MCCEM is a user-friendly software product that estimates indoor air
concentrations using a mass balance approach.
- Maintains a library of residences, containing data on zone or area volumes,
interzonal air flows, and whole-house exchange rates.
- Allows you to tailor your analysis to a particular location, and to model air
concentrations in as many as four zones for a given residence.
- Estimates exposure for periods ranging from 1 hour to 1 year. Develops
seasonal or annual exposure profiles using a long-term model.
- Offers several different options for dealing with 'sinks'. A sink is a
material (e.g., carpeting, wallboard) that can absorb chemicals from the air;
the absorption can be either reversible or irreversible.
ISO Topic Category
Hardware: IBM-compatible computer with 16K RAM and a pentium processor.|
Software: Windows 95 operating system.
The program is now available for use in a Windows 95 operating environment.
MCCEM has been peer reviewed by experts outside the EPA. MCCEM was developed
under contract by Versar Inc. for the EPA Office of Pollution Prevention and
Toxics, Economics, Exposure, and Technology Division, Exposure Assessment
Tyler.B.Stevens at nasa.gov
5700 Rivertech Court
Province or State:
cinalli.christina at epa.gov
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Mail Code 7406M
Province or State:
Creation and Review Dates
SERF Creation Date:
SERF Last Revision Date: