Portal Home
Record Search Query: [Location: Location_Category='CONTINENT', Location_Type='ANTARCTICA', Detailed_Location='TERRA NOVA BAY']
The distribution, taxonomy, physiology and feeding habits of pelagic amphipods in Terra Nova Bay
Entry ID: K043_2006_2008_NZ_5

Abstract: The distribution, taxonomy, physiology and feeding habits of pelagic amphipods was investigated. Amphipods were collected by plankton tow, baited traps, coring (coring through sea ice) or hand collections (from tide cracks). Approximately 2000 individual amphipods were collected. About 75% of the amphipods collected were preserved in vials of absolute ethanol for DNA studies. The remaining 25% ... View entire text
Related URL
Description: LGP Project Homepage

Description: Investigators research page
Geographic Coverage
Spatial coordinates   
  N: -74.83   S: -74.83   E: 164.5   W: 164.5

Temporal Coverage
Start Date: 2006-11-03
Stop Date: 2006-12-09

Start Date: 2007-11-10
Stop Date: 2007-12-10
start here with 1 in span in link Ancillary Description
here with 2 in span in link Ancillary Description
Quality Existing samples are held at Victoria University of Wellington with a spreadsheet of sample numbers. All raw data is held by the investigators. Please contact Dr Ken Ryan for more information.
Data Set Progress
Data Center
Antarctica New Zealand, New Zealand Antarctic Institute, New Zealand Supplemental Info
Data Center URL: http://www.antarcticanz.govt.nz/

Data Center Personnel
Phone: +64 3 358 0200
Fax: +64 3 358 0211
Email: s.gordon at antarcticanz.govt.nz
Contact Address:
Antarctica New Zealand
Private Bag 4745
City: Christchurch
Country: New Zealand
Phone: +64 4 463 6083
Fax: +64 4 463 5331
Email: ken.ryan at vuw.ac.nz
Contact Address:
Victoria University of Wellington
School of Biological Sciences
PO BOX 600
City: Wellington
Postal Code: 6140
Country: New Zealand
View entire list
Bryant, L. Maas, E., Davy S., Koh, EY, Rajanahally, M, Martin A, Ryan KG (2008). Biodiversity and diet of pelagic amphipods of the Ross Sea. Antarctic New Zealand Annual Conference, Dunedin July 2008.

Bryant, L. Amphipod diversity and taxonomy in the Ross Sea. MSc thesis in progress, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
Extended Metadata Properties
(Click to view more)

Creation and Review Dates
DIF Creation Date: 2005-09-22
Last DIF Revision Date: 2017-08-24

Link to NASA website
Responsible NASA Official:   Stephen Berrick
Webmaster:   Monica Lyles   ·  Contact GCMD User Support for assistance