Gulf of Maine Ocean Observing System
GoMOOS is a national pilot program designed to bring hourly oceanographic data
from the Gulf of Maine to all those who need it, including:
* Commercial Mariners making everyday decisions that impact their safety and
* Coastal Resource Managers seeking to maintain economically and
environmentally vital resources.
* Scientists trying to understand complex ecosystems and predict climate
* Educators conveying the complexity and urgency of ocean science.
* Search and Rescue Teams trying to find and save lives.
* Emergency Response Teams mitigating damage from environmental disasters.
* Public Health Officials concerned about outbreaks of harmful algal blooms
(such as red tide).
[Summary adopted from the GoMOOS website at http://dev.gomoos.org/aboutgomoos/]